Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Questions About My Pom!

I have two questions about my puppy. How can I get him used to being brushed? I know he desperately needs it, but it is a HUGE battle to get him to sit still long enough for me to do any good. He barks, whines, growls, snaps, tries to get out of my lap, etc. I need help! My second question is this- How do I get him used to being in his crate while we are gone from home? As soon as we put him in, he starts to whine and scratch at the door. When we actually leave the house he starts to bark and whine louder. I hate to hear him like that, but I know I can't just leave him out. I've already lost a pair of tennis shoes and a couple pairs of my daughter's underwear from that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Drgnsinger

-mommy to T.Bear

Re: Two Questions About My Pom!

I hear this question all the time. Please be very firm but kind. You just have to ignore the silly behaviour and keep on grooming your Pomeranian.Just hold him firmly and keep on with the grooming. If he does not learn now to accept and enjoy grooming it will be harder for him as he gets older.The same approach should be used with crating. Put him in there for short periods only and just ignore his behaviour, when he is quite- get him out and tell him how good he is , when he barks and whines just ignore him. Never get him out while he is misbehaving.

Good luck.

Denise

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have two questions about my puppy. How can I get him used to being brushed? I know he desperately needs it, but it is a HUGE battle to get him to sit still long enough for me to do any good. He barks, whines, growls, snaps, tries to get out of my lap, etc. I need help! My second question is this- How do I get him used to being in his crate while we are gone from home? As soon as we put him in, he starts to whine and scratch at the door. When we actually leave the house he starts to bark and whine louder. I hate to hear him like that, but I know I can't just leave him out. I've already lost a pair of tennis shoes and a couple pairs of my daughter's underwear from that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Drgnsinger

-mommy to T.Bear

Re: Re: Two Questions About My Pom!

My pom Samantha had a litter of eight pups, Is that normal? Is it because the stud was so little?

Replying to:

I hear this question all the time. Please be very firm but kind. You just have to ignore the silly behaviour and keep on grooming your Pomeranian.Just hold him firmly and keep on with the grooming. If he does not learn now to accept and enjoy grooming it will be harder for him as he gets older.The same approach should be used with crating. Put him in there for short periods only and just ignore his behaviour, when he is quite- get him out and tell him how good he is , when he barks and whines just ignore him. Never get him out while he is misbehaving.

Good luck.

Denise

Replying to:

Drgnsinger

-mommy to T.Bear