Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Arrival

Hello,

I have just bought a new pomeranian. However, I knew I would have some problems because this pom has not been takin very well care of. I knew I could give this pom a fighting chance.

This new pom is 6 months old and 2 lbs. This doesn't concern me like his size though. I have another 6 month old and He is so tall and bigger features. This new one is so tiny and fridged. I have been potty training my other dog and what i do is tap him on the nose with my finger and put him in the crate. As soon as I do this with my new pom (he has been in a cage his whole life) he yelps and yelps and it sounds like he is going to die. He even cries when I try to pick him up after he has just finished his business. I don't even have to do anything.

I have no idea what way to potty train a dog that is so fragile. I could really use some advice in order for him to learn to go outside and have my other pom follow the same example.

Thanks

Re: New Arrival

Sounds to me that the tapping on the nose is not a good idea. The little pom thinks he is going to be beaten. Have you tried wee wee pads.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello,

I have just bought a new pomeranian. However, I knew I would have some problems because this pom has not been takin very well care of. I knew I could give this pom a fighting chance.

This new pom is 6 months old and 2 lbs. This doesn't concern me like his size though. I have another 6 month old and He is so tall and bigger features. This new one is so tiny and fridged. I have been potty training my other dog and what i do is tap him on the nose with my finger and put him in the crate. As soon as I do this with my new pom (he has been in a cage his whole life) he yelps and yelps and it sounds like he is going to die. He even cries when I try to pick him up after he has just finished his business. I don't even have to do anything.

I have no idea what way to potty train a dog that is so fragile. I could really use some advice in order for him to learn to go outside and have my other pom follow the same example.

Thanks