Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rescue pom

I am so pleased to hear of you taking a Pomeranian in need into your home. I should think he will learn to be house trained very quickly. Pomeranians are very clever. There are heaps of aids as well to help, like wee wee pads.

Good luck and please keep us informed of how things are going.

Bye Denise

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Good Morning! I've been surfing around looking for any and all pom info, and came across this forum. It's just what I'm looking for. My question is this: We're thinking of adopting a pom from our local rescue shelter. I've met with the dog and his foster several times, and he's a very sweet-tempered, loving 3.5 year old pom. He's a gorgeous cream color, and weighs about 7-8 lbs. He's perfect in every way, except that he's not yet neutered (he's scheduled to go to Michigan State on Thurs. to be neutered) or fully housebroken. He comes from a kennel situation, and he's clean in his crate, but needs to learn to go outside. At his age, do you all think this is possible? I really want to do the right thing. My advantage is that I'm a stay at home mom,so I would be here to work with him on a regular basis, and get him on a good schedule. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: rescue pom

I rescued an almost six year old Pom girl a little over a year ago...and despite a challenging start, she is now trained to go outside...and she lets me know when she is ready!!!! I think Poms (at least mine is) are so smart they can learn just about anything at any age...