Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tail question

I have 2 Pomeranians. Our older dog has a kinked tail and the younger one doesn't. I suspect that somewhere it has been broken (possibly at birth) and just grown that way as it wasn't set at the time because the dog may have been too young and wasn't noticed. Or it just might be the way it grew.

It might be that for your dog, it had been broken accidently at birth and healed at a crooked angle. I am presuming that most Pomeranian dogs have a straight tail, I could be wrong.

It would be good to hear other people's thoughts on this issue

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am looking for another pom and the ones that i look at have a different tail than my current baby Jasper. Jasper's tail has a slight kink at the end of it that makes it turn sharply backwards. His tail is backward turning. These other pomeranians i am looking at dont have this kink. Is there two types of tails? what exactly should they look like at 5 months old?

thankyou

Re: Tail question

A Pomeranian should have a straight tail. At the age you mention [ 5 months] a Pomeranian puppy can sometimes develop a slight curl to his/or her tail owing to teething but this is only temporary.To check for a good tailset, hold the pal of your hand at the back of your pom and you should not feel any tail bone at all. Good luck Denise

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am looking for another pom and the ones that i look at have a different tail than my current baby Jasper. Jasper's tail has a slight kink at the end of it that makes it turn sharply backwards. His tail is backward turning. These other pomeranians i am looking at dont have this kink. Is there two types of tails? what exactly should they look like at 5 months old?

thankyou