Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about Poms Ears and Biting

Hello,

I have a 3 month old pomeranian and he has floppy ears. He is just darling. Is this common in pomeranians -- I have read everywhere that they have upright ears, and I don't see anything else in him that could mean that he is part anything? I can post pictures of him if needed. I am almost 99.9999% sure that he is a purebred (he is registered with the AKC), but of course, I could be wrong. Could the fur on his ears weigh them down to be floppy? Also, he has a few behavioral problems. Nothing too major, and most of it probably to be my fault. I have completely spoiled him. Now, if he is not with me, he will bark and whine constantly and he won't even sleep (I work a few hours each week). Also, he likes to bite me - a lot. Especially on my pants legs and my hands. What is the best way to tell him that I mean business when I say no? Do puppies usually grow out of the biting thing? Before him, I have only had cats, so of course I am new at this and enjoying having such a wonderful companion pet immensely. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Question about Poms Ears and Biting

I have noticed that soem of the pet quality poms have larger ears. If you read the standard a pom should have small ears. The large ears are too heavy for the pom to hold upright at such a young age. It should improve as your pupy gets older, but I do not know how much.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello,

I have a 3 month old pomeranian and he has floppy ears. He is just darling. Is this common in pomeranians -- I have read everywhere that they have upright ears, and I don't see anything else in him that could mean that he is part anything? I can post pictures of him if needed. I am almost 99.9999% sure that he is a purebred (he is registered with the AKC), but of course, I could be wrong. Could the fur on his ears weigh them down to be floppy? Also, he has a few behavioral problems. Nothing too major, and most of it probably to be my fault. I have completely spoiled him. Now, if he is not with me, he will bark and whine constantly and he won't even sleep (I work a few hours each week). Also, he likes to bite me - a lot. Especially on my pants legs and my hands. What is the best way to tell him that I mean business when I say no? Do puppies usually grow out of the biting thing? Before him, I have only had cats, so of course I am new at this and enjoying having such a wonderful companion pet immensely. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.