Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Identifying you pom

I'm unfamiliar with "iso" what does that mean. Can you recommend a brand (especially if it has a website). My vet asked me to pass on any info I found, he also thinks it is the future. Unfortunately they were originally designed for live stock as a way for the individual breeder to keep track of his stock, so they purposefully made them so they wouldn't read each other to "secure" their customers.

Pom kisses,

Laurleen

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Laureen, HI! Thanks for posting to my Pomeranian Forum, it sounds like you care for Pomeranians very much.

Microchips, will be the way in the future. I make sure I use an "iso" approved chip. Make sure that brand of chip you are using is at least 15 numbers.

Good luck with your Pom babies

Replying to:

How do you keep your pom safe and insure you get it back in the event of an accident?

We tattooed our girls and registered them with the National Dog Registry. They wear collars with tags (home#, vet #, licence) when we are out. When we travel (fly) I write our itinerary on those 1" cardboard round "key" tags and laminate with book tape. Then I change them as necessary (1 for flight out, 1 for hotel, etc.) and add to their collars.

Their carry and Sherpa travel bags have our name, address, phone # and whatever our itinerary is if we are out of town.

I haven't micro-chipped yet because our vet says they aren't standardized yet so if the place that finds them doesn't have the right reader the chip is no good. What are your experiences?

Pom kisses,

Laurleen

Re: Re: Re: Identifying you pom

Laureen, "iso' is certain brands of micro chips. They are the most widely recognized type worldwide and as I said in my previous post they have at least 15 letters or numbers. I am not sure what brands as ,we here in Australia have different brands , but ask your vet and if he does not know he will know where to find this information. Take care Denise,Dochlaggie Pomeranians.

Replying to:

I'm unfamiliar with "iso" what does that mean. Can you recommend a brand (especially if it has a website). My vet asked me to pass on any info I found, he also thinks it is the future. Unfortunately they were originally designed for live stock as a way for the individual breeder to keep track of his stock, so they purposefully made them so they wouldn't read each other to "secure" their customers.

Pom kisses,

Laurleen

Replying to:

Laureen, HI! Thanks for posting to my Pomeranian Forum, it sounds like you care for Pomeranians very much.

Microchips, will be the way in the future. I make sure I use an "iso" approved chip. Make sure that brand of chip you are using is at least 15 numbers.

Good luck with your Pom babies

Replying to:

How do you keep your pom safe and insure you get it back in the event of an accident?

We tattooed our girls and registered them with the National Dog Registry. They wear collars with tags (home#, vet #, licence) when we are out. When we travel (fly) I write our itinerary on those 1" cardboard round "key" tags and laminate with book tape. Then I change them as necessary (1 for flight out, 1 for hotel, etc.) and add to their collars.

Their carry and Sherpa travel bags have our name, address, phone # and whatever our itinerary is if we are out of town.

I haven't micro-chipped yet because our vet says they aren't standardized yet so if the place that finds them doesn't have the right reader the chip is no good. What are your experiences?

Pom kisses,

Laurleen