Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do you pack your pom?

Poms are so portable, they are great to travel with. Do any of you have nifty ways you take/carry them? Here are some of the thing we do:

Infant car seats, placed facing reverse, with sun shades. They love them! Remember a 5 lb dog in a 25 mph crash has 125 lbs. of force when it hits the dashboard, windshield or the back of your head!

SherpaPets.com has great travel bags for flying with pouches for all the necessities. I have the new style that converts to a shoulder bag or backpack with a dutch style door for the head to poke out. Great for flying!

I converted an Eddie Bauer diaper bag, adding a screened window in one end for ventilation and so she can lay down if she wants, for my SD Secret to ride in. She loves it. She rides with the top open looking out or lays down if she wants privacy and uses the "window". It is really just a large shoulder type purse with a pom head poking out the top. lol. I made on for Katy too. We bought SD patches from SitStay.com and attached to the pocket on the bag for identification.

Umbrella strollers are GREAT! We bought one on our trip in Las Vegas and have traveled with it ever since. Secret's "bag" (see above) sits in the seat and we hang Katy's bag from the handles, then off we go. So convenient and the girls love it.

Pottying in strange places is hard, and often there is no grass, you are in an upper floor room or you don't want to have to go through security again at the airport. We taught our girls to go outside or on a potty pad inside "on command". Just pop into a ladies/men's restroom, put pads on the floor in the Handicap stall (more room) and have them go. Works GREAT!

How do you tote your babies around?