Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BARF anyone?

I feed my Pomeranians a natural as possible diet. If you saw what the ingredients are in most commerical pet products you would not even think about feeding this to your pets.

Denise Leo, Dochlaggie Pomeranians.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Do any of you BARF? That is feeding Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods? We started out with a commercial brand, but now make our own and have had amazing results. No itchy, yeasty hot spots, no smelly yeasy ears, almost no eye discharge, beautiful white teeth (we lost our first pom to anesthesia having his teeth cleaned), reduced volume of bowel movements and no more inconsistant ones.

Do any of you feed BARF? Is it commercial or homemade? Any recipes? We do grainfree BARF.

Pom kisses,

Laurleen

Re: Re: BARF anyone?

I so agree! Most people don't know that Pet food companies are SELF regulated and even then often ignore their own scientists recommendation (like how they use vit C as a preservative!). They also don't know they are owned by people food companies as a cheap way to dispose of unwanted, not acceptable for human consumption ingredients. If anyone is interested I have a LONG article outling the problems.

We make our own food from ground, lean (bones and all) chicken, turkey and beef. We add fresh cut veggies to every meal. I also found a great site called GrainFreePets.com that has a "yeast" diet (also a cancer diet) that did WONDERS for our old pom who had hot yeast ears and hotspots all her life (until we switched). We used to diets list to systematically figure out which veggies were exasperating her yeast problem.

Pom kisses,

Laurleen

Replying to:

I feed my Pomeranians a natural as possible diet. If you saw what the ingredients are in most commerical pet products you would not even think about feeding this to your pets.

Denise Leo, Dochlaggie Pomeranians.

Replying to:

Do any of you BARF? That is feeding Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods? We started out with a commercial brand, but now make our own and have had amazing results. No itchy, yeasty hot spots, no smelly yeasy ears, almost no eye discharge, beautiful white teeth (we lost our first pom to anesthesia having his teeth cleaned), reduced volume of bowel movements and no more inconsistant ones.

Do any of you feed BARF? Is it commercial or homemade? Any recipes? We do grainfree BARF.

Pom kisses,

Laurleen