Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
biting

I have a 4 month old male pom.Sometimes he might find a piece of food on the floor and if I try to take from him he acts like he wants to bite or attack me.Is this just a phase?

Thanks-Stephanie

Re: biting

Hi, no, your pom's biting habit will probobly continue until you teach him not too bite. Whenever he bites, you should point to him and say, "NO!" in a very strong voice. He should get the point. Hope I helped!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a 4 month old male pom.Sometimes he might find a piece of food on the floor and if I try to take from him he acts like he wants to bite or attack me.Is this just a phase?

Thanks-Stephanie

Re: biting

Here's what I've learned on how to solve this problem:

You have to play a "trading" game with your puppy. When he has something in his mouth that you want to take away from him, you have to lure him with a treat. Get a treat and show it to him. Make him sit, show the treat, with your free hand ask for the object in his mouth. When he drops the object you wanted to take from him, then give him the treat as a reward. When asking for the object in his mouth, make sure to give a command like "give" so that he learns the command and in the long run you will no longer need a treat to make him "give."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks-Stephanie