Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: where do I keep him?

get another one for him to play with dont lock him up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi, I have one more question about my 6 week old pom. I am at home all day, but am busy most of the time. I play with him as much as I can, but the rest of the time, he stays in a 4'x1.5' crate. He's the only pom we have, so there's no others to play with him. I wish I could do more for him to keep him happy and energized. I know I can't let him run around on the floor by himself. What do you keep your Pom puppy in? Are they happy in it? Thanks a bunch!

Re: Re: where do I keep him?

I cannot let him roam around the house all day. He is only 8 weeks old. Also, I cannot afford to get another one. He was very expensive. So, my question again is, where is a safe place to keep my 8 week old pom when I can't hold him?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi, I have one more question about my 6 week old pom. I am at home all day, but am busy most of the time. I play with him as much as I can, but the rest of the time, he stays in a 4'x1.5' crate. He's the only pom we have, so there's no others to play with him. I wish I could do more for him to keep him happy and energized. I know I can't let him run around on the floor by himself. What do you keep your Pom puppy in? Are they happy in it? Thanks a bunch!

Re: Re: Re: where do I keep him?

Have you thought about maybe putting your Pom in the laundry or bathroom, or some room where there are either tiled floors or lineoleum so that it if he goes to do his business it won't be hard to clean up, along with some food and water.

Replying to:

I cannot let him roam around the house all day. He is only 8 weeks old. Also, I cannot afford to get another one. He was very expensive. So, my question again is, where is a safe place to keep my 8 week old pom when I can't hold him?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: where do I keep him?

We've always had two dogs at a time (2 poms now). We use a playpen when they are tiny and move it to the room we are in for easy potty training. We also found those bookshelving crates, the kind of 1' x 1' wire that you snap together at the corners to build shelving (available at most K-marts, etc), work great if snapped together into a pen. 1' is high enough to keep most poms in and you can make them different sizes. When they are little we have one in every room, now that they are older we use them to gate off the livingroom (hardwood scratches) and we also have a pen outside near the garden area for them to play in while we are out there (we live on 10 acres). It works great for travel and camping containment, so they don't have to be on a leash. We bought x-pen (3'high) for camping in campgrounds to keep bigger dogs OUT.

Pom kisses,

Laurleen

Replying to: