Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: OUT OF CONTROL POM

Hi, My 8 month old Pom is also a biter. I talked with a trainer today and said to take the side of your hand and jam it in to the mouth. Make the biting experience not so pleasurable for him. Make the dog hate biting you and he will quit. I have not had to do it today, because he is not feeling well. He had to go and get his shots today. He was a bad boy at the vet. He hated it. He kept trying to bite the doctor and me. He gets really panicky when doctors try to touch him in away that is not caressing. They had to put a blanket over his head to keep him from biting.

I am going to try making the biting not so enjoyable. I'll let you know how it turns out. My dog and I are starting obedience classes on Sunday. If I learn anything good, I will post it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I would like to know why my 6 month old pom puppy keeps barking at everyone that comes to the door and just today it bit my grandma and my little baby cousin... i dont think he was playing he was growling and getting really aggressive. He actually bit them so hard they started to bleed. What should i do? I'm firm with my actions and tone of voice but i dont think he cares.

Thanks in advance.