Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: seizures

My Pom is 4 pound male. I think he has Idiopathic epilepsy. We don't know. This was the second episode he has had. My husband saw it for the first time tonight. It scared us both very much. All I could do was cry. I thought he was going to die. It lasted for about 5 mins. I didn't know what was going on. After the episode he was fine. He ran around,jumping and barking as usual. I looked up all the information I could find on seziures and I found your site. I was wondering if you could give me a little information on idiopathic epilepsy. I love my dog so much. He like a child to me and my husban. I just need some friendly advice. Thankyou so much.
sincerly
melissa

Re: seizures

i have a best friend, he is a wonderful, loving, 18...yes, 18!! year old pomeranian named popcorn. when he was between the ages of 2-5 he had periodic seizures. they seemed to occur when he got spooked by something (loud sudden noises for ex:). by the time he turned 6, they had stopped and he hasn't had one since. i love my boy and i am grateful he does not suffer with them anymore. i still don't know what caused them, but i am glad they are gone! lisa