Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Breeding

You shouldn't breed your male until at least two years because he needs to be tested for his eyes, hips and knees. Those tests cannot be performed prior to the 2 year mark. Also, you can charge whatever they would be selling the pup for(or really whatever you want) or you can ask for pick of the litter. When I stud my males, I typically ask $400/$500 or pick of the litter depending on female. Also, you should remember that just because your dog is a certain way does not mean that you will get a pup just like him. You should see the temperment of the female and also do not breed with a female less then 2 years and make sure she has been tested too.
The best thing to do is ask your mother in law if she wants a Pomeranian in general, then you can get a pup for her but if she wants one just like yours, I wouldn't breed just for that reason alone.
Hope I could be of some help!