Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headstrong Pom!

Hi, can anyone help me! I have a 13 week old Pom who refuses to 'Come' when called. She is aware of her name and sometimes looks in my direction when called but rarely comes to me except when treats are offered. This is proving to be VERY frustrating!!! Can anyone suggest anything???

Re: Headstrong Pom!

I have a 3 year old pom with precisely the same problem. Have had other breeds that I have had no worries training, but our Amber has proven to be more stubborn than all of them combined. When called, she will ***** up her ears and follow you with her eyes, so she hears and understands, she just choses to ignore unlesss you mention WALK and then the selective hearing kicks in. She will however obey complete strangers, so go figure!!! Good luck with the most precocious of all the breeds I have encountered yet. Just as well they are so loveable