Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
adopted a 2 yr. old... settling in time ?

Hi there,
I just purchased a two and a half year old female (pom)from a reputable breeder.. she had been allowed to have two litters, it was hard on her, so the breeder chose to let me purchase her, on a limited registration, the female will be spayed, but in the mean time, she LOVES my mother, has bonded, but is ready to eat the rest of us alive ! We saw her with the family, she did well with the breeders 6 children... how can we help her settle in ?, she tried to eat my dad's face off...we are really confused. She has been given her own bed, crate, etc... is there a time frame that we need to work by ? I have purchased two other poms from this breeder, they have excellent temperaments... I'm just thrown for a loop. If you have ANY suggestions, I eagerly await your instruction !! Thanks...
Penny

Re: adopted a 2 yr. old... settling in time ?

I think your new pom just needs time and maybe there are too many people around for her to handle all the changes. Just go very quitely with her and give her heaps of love. Best of luck and Merry Christmas . hugs denise