Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trimming Nails!!!

Kelli, You are not alone in the proble fo nail clipping. How old is your pomeranian?? Maybe you could use the Dremel now. They do accept this better than the clippers. Make sure he is wrapped in a blanket so no coat can get caught in the dremel.Another thought is to get a groomer to do his nails for you. Good luck and if you find an easy solution to the problem of nails- please share.
Hugs, Denise

Re: Re: Trimming Nails!!!

Thanks for your reply Denise. Russy is going on 5. I don't want to take him to a groomer, because I'm afraid of how he will act and how they would respond. He tries to bite at me when I do them, but I talk to him and tell him I'm not trying to hurt him and I love him and he doesn't really want to bite me. I have tried using a blanket to hold him tight and to cover his eyes while using the clippers, with no success. He does better if he doesn't see me doing it. I'm able to get 4-5 nails done at a time now, but it is done with my forcefully (and lovingly) holding him. Thanks again!

Re: Re: Re: Trimming Nails!!!

My female acts the same way. I give her a little cheese wizz on one of my daughters fingers and that way she is distracted enough for me to get one paw done.