Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Litter Box Training

I'm trying to litter box train my little Duke and he has got the idea that he goes outside the sliding glass door to go potty, but he hasn't figured out how to tell us he has to go... so he'll just mess right there on the tile next to the door if we don't see him right by the door the moment he trots over there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to whine or make a little bark sound to go out? I try and watch him to make sure that he gets taken out when he goes in that direction, but sometimes it's so fast. Any help in that area will be appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: Litter Box Training

Maybe get into the habit of taking your dog out once every hour while he is really young whether he needs to go or not and then increase the time between trips until he learns to tell you when he needs to go out.

I hope this helps and that it works for you. Keep us informed.

Re: Litter Box Training

Hello,

My pom was like that too at around 6 months and from then on he got better and better at waiting until someone let him out. The only thing I could do is watchout for him whenever he goes near the door and open it as soon as I can to let him out. I think by doing that, he learned on his own to wait until someone opens the door for him to do his business outside.

Good Luck!
I know I felt like my puppy was never going to learn but he eventually did.

Rose