Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeding 8 week old Pom

I have a question on the feeding of my 8 week old Pom. I have dry food out Iams Puppy food and fresh water out all the time. I have also been feeding Jelly Bean, our male Pom a mixture of Evaporated milk a carton of Yogurt with acidophilis, Veggie and Beef gerber bay food, and Gerber Baby rice cereal. I have had a hard time getting him to eat much of the dry food and need to know how to go about the transfer into dry all the time; does there need to be a transfer? If you can help me it would be great with any tips, I have always had big dogs, Rotties, shepards and they eat a lot more than a Pom so I need some help. Thank goodness for the internet!

Re: Feeding 8 week old Pom

Angie, The diet you are feeding sounds great to me. I do the same leave the dry food and water out at all times and I feed a canned puppy food and milk as well.
I would not worry about having to change Jelly bean over to all dry food.8 weeks is still very young. Later on I would change from the baby food to a fresh meat or a good quality canned dog food.Best of luck with your baby pom.
Hugs. Denise