Return to Website

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum

Feel free to post your rules questions and veiwpoints, for others to read and answer. Click on "Post" to start a new thread, click on the subject to read posts. Feel free to join in on any subject.

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Single player in Open match

Picture the scene,its Sunday the day of the Gents Open,several players turn up for the match,the match is played and a winner is congratulated,however, another player turns up after the match has been played and decides to play and enter his card,he plays the round accompanied by a non player,he enters this card and wins the open,is this allowed,,,I dont think so,but he does.Your comments would be gratefully appreaciated.
Regards,
Gordon

Where do you play golf Fyvie Golf Club

Re: Single player in Open match

Gordon

This sounds like a Conditions of Competition/ was the competition closed/ who can act as marker type of question.

Firstly we need to get a few things straight. Although you say "Match", I assume you mean a Strokeplay competition of some sort, right?

Any further info you can give on my first paragraph would help.

Cheers

DC

The match was closed and the person who walked round with the player was a non golf player and non member of the club but was the owners wife??????

Where do you play golf Fyvie Golf Club

If the comp was closed then that is the end of the matter. There is no point even going into whether the wife was allowed to be the marker (which would have to be in the CoC). Sounds like, if the owner is a self-appointed, one man committee behaving in this way then you need to find a new club to play at.