​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big moan - can't get home from Montrose!!

New timetables come in on 18th May, and I don't think they are finalised yet.
There seem to be big gaps in the timetable for me getting back down south - the normal trains just aren't there!
Maybe it'll sort itself out in due course?
They admit that some services won't go on-line until 6 weeks beforehand.

AHA! The trains I want have now appeared in the timetable!

I'll be taking the train from Montrose to Penrith on the Friday. I never go via Glasgow after the Challenge. Train to Haymarket, then Carlisle and Penrith. Seemples!

Thanks to all for your helpful comments. I really wanted to do the full 15 days and not go home until the Saturday. I looked at all your suggestions but in the end I gave up the battle because all the Saturday links towards Penrith from anywhere East were coaches, and only offering early morning or late night, despite what some websites indicated. So....I am shortening my route to travel back on Friday, bought tickets at good prices and now need to crack on with the training! Hope you all have a great crossing, and hope some of us at least may meet up along the way!:kissing_heart:

Hahaha, wouldn't you just know it, I'd been searching for Saturday 25th tickets for weeks, given up because they weren't selling any and I assumed they were working on the line. NOW the tickets are on sale, just after I bought them for the Friday. Stupid me, should have rung them up before to find out what was going on. BIG GRRRRR!