​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: One last question - Laggan Camping

Thanks Willie that would be great, although please don't go out of your way if its too much trouble. I'm sure we'll be able to sort something on the day. Its just nice to know we have a rough idea that there are some suitable spots. We'll be walking from Melgarve that day so was hoping to make it closer to Laggan village than Garva Bridge.
Thanks again! Enjoy your trip to Newtonmore :relaxed:

oh good, I have a night in Laggan as well!

I camped in the bit of community woodland right in the village in 2014 - I did ask first at the shop if anyone would mind. There were quite a few dog walkers so it wasn't very private, but in need it was just fine. There is also a good public loo where you can have a quick wash.

Kirsten P
I camped in the bit of community woodland right in the village in 2014 - I did ask first at the shop if anyone would mind. There were quite a few dog walkers so it wasn't very private, but in need it was just fine. There is also a good public loo where you can have a quick wash.
Thanks! I had this spot down as a possibility, so good to know!

Cross the road by the store and go down the steps to the right of the church. Cross the fence easily by the memorial for the old Kirk Bridge and about 50m along the true left bank of the Spey is an open sandy, grassy, stony beach area with room for a few tents and lots of firewood. It has some stones but there are enough flat and soft parts. I'd say it's better and more private than the community park but you can easily look at both. The store is open at 8am most mornings.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5761290

willie todd
Cross the road by the store and go down the steps to the right of the church. Cross the fence easily by the memorial for the old Kirk Bridge and about 50m along the true left bank of the Spey is an open sandy, grassy, stony beach area with room for a few tents and lots of firewood. It has some stones but there are enough flat and soft parts. I\'d say it\'s better and more private than the community park but you can easily look at both. The store is open at 8am most mornings.
Excellent! thank you muchly for your effort :grinning: