Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday June 25th 2011 / Horses Help Heroes / Help for Heroes

As some posters on this forum may know I am keen on horses. So I am giving this some publicity in the hope that the good folk of Ashton will turn up and cheer this team on.

Horses help Heroes will travel the length of the country from Lands End to John O’Groats by the fastest route possible. The challenge is to drive a horse-drawn World War 1 ambulance with a team of severely wounded servicemen, 1,000 miles from Land’s End to John O’Groats travelling non-stop, 24 hours a day, for an estimated 10 days.

This team should pass through Ashton-in-Makerfield on the A49 some time on Saturday June 25th 2011. The aim is to raise one million for Help for Heroes.

For up to date details of the route and estimated time please refer to the website Horses Help Heroes

Town: ashton

Re: Saturday June 25th 2011 / Horses Help Heroes / Help for Heroes

Heard about this on the radio Karin but didn't know that it was passing through Ashton - once again I was working - did anyone see it?

Town: Ashton