Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Well someone had to ask

Just watched The Street on BBC iplayer. I found it really interesting but i am sure if we did something like that on our street the place would be in uproar. I am sure there would be definite i'm alright Jacks and others with more empathy. It just made me realise about more hidden services like street cleaners, cleaning of public toilets and social care, as well as the more obvious services that affect me personally. I am not sure i would be able to make some of those choices about social care.

Without it turning personal - what do other people think of the programme ?

Denise

Town: Ashton

Re: Well someone had to ask

i think it was a joke! im sure some places have problems like that but where i live we dont have them, it just seemed like council propaganda to make them look good to me. All they do for me is empty my bins once a week and it costs £122! why are people like me paying to clean places that are trashed by a few prats??

why not base council tax on how much an area needs to be maintained??? then when they have to pay for the mess they make to be cleaned they may think twice about doing it??

Town: ashton

Re: Well someone had to ask

I grew up less than 10miles away from where 'The Street'is and i can confirm that it really is that bad.I as lucky i got out while i still could and happily live in tenbury drive with my hubby and kids! x

Town: Ashton