Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Le Chateau

was sat in traffic next to the old white building on millfield lane today, thought its a bit of a shame that its looking so worn out at the front. looks looked after at the back ( saw through the gate ), im assuming its owned by the golf club? is it not a listed building?

Town: Ashton

Re: Le Chateau

Pretty sure it was sold last month. Saw it on the "Rightmove" website - unfortunately there were no photos! Would have been nice to have seen the interior and land. I recall it being on for £300,000 or so. could be wrong...

It has been sold I believe that the new owner is the owner of Mad Jacks and Queens Nightclub, apparently he has returned to Ashton after living in Spain.

Town: ashton

It is a lovely old building, I tried to get in to have a look a few weeks ago. Apparently the flooring is still the same? It is listed and people can make a comment on the site. The gates to the Golf Club are also listed.

Town: Ashton