Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another great walk!

I am wondering why, for years, I have travelled to places to do my walking when I have so much on my own door step. Last Saturday I walked to Stubshaw Cross, down to the Harrow, across to the Dover Lock, along the canal (fantastic wildlife over there), then from Bamfurlong along to the Three Sisters and home through Bryn. It took me about 4 hours, that was with a five minute apple stop on the banks of the canal! On Saturday I followed the footpath from Edge Green Lane and ended up on Ashton Heath, which, again was a lovely walk. I can't wait for every weekend when I just point my nose and follow!

Town: Ashton

Re: Another great walk!

It's true Debbie there are lots of great walks around this area. It can feel like a completely different place when walking down the canal. Feels like your on holiday sometimes.

Town: Stubshaw Cross