Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Viridor Wood to Three Sisters

Recently I was on a trail from Viridor woods to three sisters and being a wheelchair user It was so nice around Viridor Wood to be able to access all areas. When Myself and my children wanted to go into Three Sisters we came up against Styles, which meant we had to turn back is there anyone that can make it accessable for not only wheelchairs but parents etc pushing prams?

Town: Ashton

Re: Viridor Wood to Three Sisters

I was thinking that about the canal as well.
The gates are fine to stop the illegal bikes but unfortunately punish the chair and pram users.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re:Viridor Wood to Three Sisters

Sorry to read about your experience with access to 3S from Viridor Wood and how it spoiled your day. The 3S user group are aware of this problem and are currently looking at ways to address the situation by funding the installation of; "Radar" key operated metal gates. Unfortunately, the barriers are essential to prevent access to off road vehicles, which plague the area.

Unfortunately raising these funds takes time; however, on the 29th May 2008 there will be access to 3S from Viridor Wood during the "Family Fun Day".

Friends of Three Sisters (Chair)

Town: Three Sisters Bryn