Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Race Track

PS
Especailly if they were full of SAGO
Alan

Town: Ashton

Theres no fun in being out in the back garden with the constant annoying noise going on. If I wanted to hear incessant droning I would have stayed married.

Surely some kind of increased noise barriers would be a reasonable request.

ps I got you a 3-pack of Ambrosia Creamy Rice Puddin. Its not sago but...the hunt goes on.

Hi Andrede
We have in Bryn Road, we can only hear the noise when the wind is blowing from the track.
But we still have all the traffic.

Is it true Vic is planting a copse of Sago trees on the ninety second day of 2008?
Alan

oh i have the 40 tonners going passed my house daily in droves, and if there was 1 of them containing even 1 tin of sago there would be a hostage situation on Bolton Road with a fat miserable bloke in a wheelchair holding the hgv driver for randsom.

PS Andrede when did u get a garden its only 2½ flag stones which u use as a work shop area.

PPS as for planting the sago trees im all up for more greenery in the area lets keep ashton green and me full of sago (i hear its good for muscle wasteage) and as im suffering from that in my bad arm and my bad leg id only be taking it for medicinal reasons

LETS KEEP ASHTON GREEN

Town: ashton

Why should one vehicle going round that track spoil the peace for the rest?

Walking round the lake sometimes seems surreal.....
Ducks and swans being fed by the kids all to the soundtrack of Silverstone.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

hi
the main thing about the sago trees is 92 days, it is a leap year. 31+29+31+1, get it?

The whole idea of the development of the old mines was a typical compromise. We could have had an industrial estate with motorway links or a country park, but we ended up with the worst of all worlds, an industrial estate a country park and a race track.
It is like having sago pudding and kippers!!
Alan

Re: Re: Race Track

Alan you got it wrong, we are not planting, we are digging more ponds so the frogs can produce more spawn for the Sago. We will harvest the spawn, mix it with milk and a thickener (just like they did when I went to school), put in capped jars and sell it to the sago lovers of Ashton and district.

I wounder how many sago lovers there are in the area?

Regards.
Vic

Town: Bryn

Seal off the race track and fill it with sago.
I do honestly think that that is better use than the one we have at the moment!

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re:Race Track

The track was recently leased for I believe another 15 years to the current operators. You were correct Ian when you said "it's in the wrong place", it should be at Bickershaw near to Lord Peter Smiths house (he is the leader of the council) and see how he likes the Sunday noise and the smell of oil.

Town: Bryn