Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Waterford questions

I want to put up a web page of the Bill Congdon cars. Does anyone know about or even remember the July 1960 accident when Ray DeLisle hit the wall between turn 3 and 4 in the blue #77. It apparently happened in the warm-ups. All I know for certain is he was critically burned. I was nine and the "grown-ups" back then wouldn't give me the details. I heard that either he didn't back off going into turn 3, but from what little I know of him, that doesn't sound plausible. I also heard that the accelerator stuck and there he didn't make it through the turn. Also heard that another car may have hit him from behind. I'd like to know just what happened and post it accurately. Also, does anyone recall Ted Stack driving Sharky Gaudiosi's #4 in the non-Ford division, again 1960? The car may or may not have been identical to the 44. Email is fine - ka3zci@yahoo.com - and I appreciate any help. Thanks, Bob