Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M6 Accident

I followed the modifieds at Riverside, Thompson and Stafford in the early 1960's and also the Sporstman that ran at the old West Haven track. My brother towed Danny Gallulo's 63 and I went to most of the races over several years.

Question: Sometime - probably 1962 or 1963 the M6 crashed out of the backstretch at Riverside and went over the fence and hit a telephone pole in the pits. The driver lost his life. The starter did not stop the race for several laps so the ambulance could not get to the scene. In fact, the starter had to be protected by the police because the fans were angry about his inaction. My question is who was the driver?

Re: M6 Accident

The driver was Les Ley and the flagman was Al Parent. I was there that night and the fans were all screaming at Parent to stop the race. Police had to provide protection for Parent as the fans were so upset by his inaction.

Re: M6 Accident

his racing name was Les Ley his real name is Harry Dominick. He Lived and raced in Long Island area.