Return to Website

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum

Feel free to post your rules questions and veiwpoints, for others to read and answer. Click on "Post" to start a new thread, click on the subject to read posts. Feel free to join in on any subject.

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Advice in a match
Hi everyone, In a match situation - if Player A tells Player B what club he has just hit in order to help Player B with a yardage calculation, what and for who should the penalty be? Cheers, Michael.
Views: 333   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 10:44am
by Michael
wrong club
sat 24 june 07 stableford played in open 4 ball. I had 14 clubs in my bag. my partner had 13. We both have ping g5 drivers. On the 2nd hole I inadvertently picked up his g5 and hit the ball. As soon as i hit it I told all 4 players, and asked my partner not to use...
Views: 445   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 9:14pm
by richard kawalec
a
Arthur
Right Handed Club
Is it permissable for a left handed golfer to carry a right handed club which does not exceed the 14 club rule?
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 3:41pm
by Arthur
m
Martin
Water in a bunker
Here's a question for you all. My ball went into a water filled bunker, it was impossible to retrieve the ball, it was too deep. I couldn't see it, and wasn't going in after it. Does that mean it's lost? Or just unplayable? Did I also have to take a penalty fo...
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 9:13pm
by DC
Could someone add this up for me?
Hi everyone, I had a nightmare on a par 3 yesterday, could someone add this up for me and let me know what you make it. I hit Ball A miles out of bounds. ABSOLUTELY, NO QUESTION!! I hit Ball B without declaring it provisional. At the side of the green I find my b...
Views: 346   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 12:21pm
by Johanna
Interesting, Johanna
Hi Johanna, I found your last reply to the 'protective material' chat very interesting indeed, especially the apparent contradiction from the R&A. If you consider the wording of R4-2. b. 'Foriegn material must not be applied to the face for THE PURPOSE of influenci...
Views: 359   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 1:02am
by Johanna
d
DC
D.18-2a/8 and 8.5
1. Can someone confirm that in the answer to D.18-2a/8 the ball dropped under 25-1b is actually in play? 2. In the answer to D.18-2a/8.5, in the case where the position of the OB is known, is the ball in play after the drop under 25-1b and the 4 strokes have been...
Views: 350   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 3:47pm
by Ron.
Playing Characteristics of a club.
Hi everyone, We discussed recently applying protective material to the face of a driver while the club was on a trial loan from the Club Pro. And we broadly agreed that if the material was applied as protection and not to influence the movement of the ball that it w...
Views: 370   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 12:22pm
by Johanna
r
Ron.
Reasonable Evidence. Who Decides?
Hello All, Following on from DC's post,I detect some disagreement on what or who decides RE. We have in the past discussed this topic, but may perhaps in reopening it result in a consensus. Here are a few questions: 1. Who decides there is RE. 2. Is Local Kno...
Views: 421   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 11:58pm
by Paul
d
DC
D.15/8
This is related to my post below. In the answer to D.15/8, for stroke play, is the ball dropped under 25-1c actually now in play (with the additional 4PS under 15-2 and 18)? Why does 20-7c not come into the answer?
Views: 426   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 10:16pm
by DC
Full Playing Equality
Hi all, Just to stir Don's stew pot a little. Does anyone agree with the idea that Ladies should play in Mens comps., if all competitors use the same (white) tees? This came up at our Club recently, I contacted our local area authority and got an interesting reply...
Views: 382   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 4:38pm
by Michael
Government interference
I heard on the BBC lunchtime news today that the government is going to pass a bill telling golfclubs how to run it, i.e. no more discrimination as far as lady members are concerned, equal playing rights, no separate lounges, (equal) voting rights or becoming Committ...
Views: 366   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 3:10pm
by Johanna
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet