Return to Website

THE POMERANIAN FORUM

Welcome to the Pomeranian Forum.A friendly place for all lovers of the Pomeranian breed to meet and discuss all aspects of owning[ I should say being owned by a Pomeranian].A place to share grooming, training, feeding tips etc.Have fun and enjoy your Pomeranian

THE POMERANIAN FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
l
Libby
training
Do you know of any appropriate boarding facility which can train my pom puppy in obedience and housebreaking?
Views: 145   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2003 1:04am
by Libby
Online community for lovers of Pomeranians
Hi! I am just posting this to let you all know of the online community for all lovers of Pomeranians. A place to post photos of your furkids, share stories. A cosy place to meet and discuss our favourite breed. I am looking forward to seeing you there. Hugs Denise
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 29, 2003 11:07pm
by Denise Leo
l
Libby
picking up baby pom
I just brought home my new baby - she is the sweetest 10 week old pom - question: she likes to be carried around all the time or sitting on someone's lap - is this okay? or is it like a human baby where you are not supposed to hold the baby all the time for fear it...
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2003 11:51pm
by Denise Leo
The Dochlaggie mailing list has had to move
Hi everyone, I am moving my mailing list to yahoo groups. This move is owing to the restrictions placed by Bravenet. I think it will be a lot more convenient over here at yahoo groups. Bravenet has restricted my mailing list to 500 and as we now have that many subscr...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2003 11:47pm
by Denise Leo
New Pomeranian Board
Hi folks, I am just posting to let you all know of the new Pomeranian board. Located at- http://www.pomeranian.net/board/ You can also ask any Pomeranian related questions here. You need to register to post messages, but all may read the Board. Dochlaggie Pomer...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2003 5:05pm
by Denise Leo
k
KC
Shedding
My Pom started shedding in May and he is still shedding. He sometimes losses it in clumps. Is this normal? How long will it take? Thanks for the info! PS: He turned a year old in June.
Views: 180   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2003 5:01pm
by Denise Leo
k
Karen
potty training
pls help i need to know how to potty train my pom. he keeps on pooping in the kitchen. i dont know what time he usually do that. pls help me somebody pls!
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2003 10:13am
by Karen
Pomeranian Chat
Just to let oyu people know that Pomeranian Chat has been added to the Dochlaggie Pomeranians site. IF any of you fellow Pomeranian lovers would like to meet and chat about our favourite subject. Pomeranian Chat is the place to be-http://pomeranian.net/cgi-sys/mchat....
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2003 3:20pm
by Denise Leo
r
Rose
12 month shed, using shedding blade
Hi there, I read in this website that pomeranians go through the puppy uglies plus a 12 month shed. What exactly is a "12 month shed"? I think that my pom is in this stage now (since he's finished his puppy ugly stage" and I'm wondering if using a shedding blade...
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2003 4:48pm
by Rose
d
David
new litter concerns
Hi, My 7lb. pom had her second litter on 6-27-03 at about 6:00 P.M. She had 4-2 boys/2 girls. One died the next morning possibly due to internal problems-not sure-did take to vet with in two hours of being born. Anyway, the remaining puppies appear to be strong...
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2003 1:43pm
by David
j
Jenn
Seizures
I am looking for information on Poms & Seizures. We own a 7 yr old male pom and he exhibits all signs of have seizures. We're worried as we don't know how frequently he has them when we're not at home. Does anyone have more information on this topic, preventative mea...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2003 7:31am
by Jenn
n
Nilum
Chico's Hair Cut
Hello! My recue pom Chico is doing well, however he needs a hair cut. I love his longish hair but he gets too hot in the summer time, and I spend a majority of my time outside in the summer so he's with me I was just wondering how long it takes for their hair to g...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2003 4:42pm
by Nilum
a
Alisha
Cute Doggy, Flat Coat
Hello everyone! First off, let me tell you that this is a great forum. My puppy is now almost five months(born on xmas) and this site offers a lot of help. I do have a question, though. My puppy, toby is a lighter brown with cream on his bib and under his belly a...
Views: 143   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2003 1:59am
by Alisha
b
Beth
baby teeth
I have a 7 month pom. She is such a joy. When I took her to the vet at six months, he told me she should have lost all her baby teeth and I should have them pulled. There were two sets of teeth where the baby ones were still there and the adult ones were squeezing in...
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2003 10:22am
by Beth
c
Cathy
Seizures and Pomeranians
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with their Pomeranian dog having a seizure. My youngest dog had one this evening or at least the prelude to a seizure according to the vet that we talked to. She started trembling and had a panicked look on her face. Is...
Views: 109   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2003 11:06pm
by Cathy
p
PHIL
Collapsed Trachea
hi... my vet suggest my pomerian might have a collapsed trachea. and he said that if it isnt to serious its best left alone, is this true? is there anything that i can do to prevent him having having a strong attack.
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2003 11:47pm
by PHIL
n
Nilum
Potty Training Help Please
Hi everyone. I have decided to adopt the pomeranian that I am fostering!!! He is about 1 years old, and has never been properly potty trained. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would potty train an older dog? After all, he isn't a puppy anymore. He never goes...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2003 7:14pm
by Nilum
r
Rose
Pom Colors - Baby to Adult
Hello Denise and everybody, In your website, I've been trying to view the page on pictures of Pom Colors from Baby to Adult. I keep getting an error message saying "url not found." I used to be able to view it before but now I can't, and I would really love to s...
Views: 145   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2003 7:29pm
by Rose
s
Steph
People Problems
Hello, I have been posting messages on this forum for some time now and they have been working so well for me. I was hoping for some more advice. I have been having problems with a pomeranian I bought nearly 3 months ago. When I bought him he was very ill and m...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2003 5:23pm
by Steph
Is he too big?
Hi, I have a sweet and cute 9 week old male pomeranian. He was 2lbs. at the vets office at 8 weeks old. Is he too big? Also, can someone help me to let me know what color he'll be when grown? I have a picture of him on my website under available pets. He is th...
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2003 1:56pm
by anonymous
p
PomMom
Owned by two pom's
hi fellow pom owners... i am lovingly owned by two female pom's.. they are both females aged 6 and 3.. one is petite and my heart the other is a daddy's girl... she suffers from an uncurable skin disease that requires cortozone shots and frequent bathing... can any...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2003 3:24pm
by PomMom
Walking my pom.. IN THE WINTER?
I am going to get a pom. What concerns me most is "How can I take her for a walk to do her business in the winter?" I have no clue, and I don't want her to freeze. PLEASE HELP ME!
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2003 5:59am
by Sarah is in TROU...
~~*Buying From Store*~~
I found the cutest cream and white pomeranian at the pet store. She is only 11 weeks old, and she is so small. I just don't know if getting a pomeranian is right, especially from the pet store. She is VERY healthy, and she seems to be a purebred, but I just don't kno...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2003 5:51am
by Sarah- Pom luver
Pomeranian Online Community
Hi! folks. Just a quick message to notify Pomeranian lovers that there is a great online Pomeranian community available to Pomeranian lovers worldwide- http://groups.msn.com/ShowPomeranians If you love the Pomeranian you are welcome to join us. The group is ca...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2003 5:10pm
by Denise Leo
r
Rose
Dry Foot Pads
Hi there, It's winter in Canada right now. Does anybody know how to protect my baby's foot pads from drying and peeling? He only goes out in the snow for a few minutes at a time to do his business but it really makes his pads dry. I've been rubbing Vaseline lot...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2003 1:11pm
by Rose
d
David
breeding
HI, I have an 18 month old female. She is currently in her third heat. My 20 month old male is trying his best to mate with her. (He succuessfully mated with my 19 month old female in October.) However, this one is giving him nothing-but trouble. She keeps reje...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2003 7:43am
by David
Two Questions About My Pom!
I have two questions about my puppy. How can I get him used to being brushed? I know he desperately needs it, but it is a HUGE battle to get him to sit still long enough for me to do any good. He barks, whines, growls, snaps, tries to get out of my lap, etc. I ne...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2003 12:25pm
by Drgnsinger
d
David
pom size concerns
Hi Fellow Pom Lovers, I just had my first litter of poms on 1-5-03. How exciting. I'm concerned about the weight,though. The boys were 1.3 & 1.4 lbs. and the female 1.6lbs (they were 5 weeks to the day). The dam is 7lbs and the sire is 5.4 lbs. Aren't the pups...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2003 4:36pm
by David
b
Beth
New Pom Owner (twofold!)
Hi there. I received a pet quality Pom ("BJ") from my sister-in-law at Christmas this year. She is one year old and I was with when they bought her last year. It turned out she was pregnant and one week ago today she went into labor. (we were told she wouldn't ha...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 12:14pm
by Beth
s
Steph
New Arrival
Hello, I have just bought a new pomeranian. However, I knew I would have some problems because this pom has not been takin very well care of. I knew I could give this pom a fighting chance. This new pom is 6 months old and 2 lbs. This doesn't concern me like h...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 9:17am
by Steph
c
cheryl
oops, sorry
the "rescue pom" post is mine, my email address got messed up.
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 8:32am
by cheryl
c
cheryl
rescue pom
Good Morning! I've been surfing around looking for any and all pom info, and came across this forum. It's just what I'm looking for. My question is this: We're thinking of adopting a pom from our local rescue shelter. I've met with the dog and his foster several time...
Views: 60   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 8:13am
by cheryl
Tail question
I am looking for another pom and the ones that i look at have a different tail than my current baby Jasper. Jasper's tail has a slight kink at the end of it that makes it turn sharply backwards. His tail is backward turning. These other pomeranians i am looking at...
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2003 9:50am
by Jasper's mama
s
Sheila
Feeding
Myfamily has just adopted a 6 week old Pomeranan Pppy. Wat is reccmonded fo feeding this "little" guy? Is dry food reccomended wen he's older? Thank you
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2003 9:51pm
by Sheila
Question about Poms Ears and Biting
Hello, I have a 3 month old pomeranian and he has floppy ears. He is just darling. Is this common in pomeranians -- I have read everywhere that they have upright ears, and I don't see anything else in him that could mean that he is part anything? I can post pictur...
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2003 10:55pm
by Anonymous
s
SG
Shedding
Other than brushing, is there anything you can do to aide shedding?
Views: 85   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2003 1:11pm
by SG
No Subject
I have a Pom that stays in a crate while I am gone during the day and she also sleeps in it at night. I try to leave her water in a dish, but she always turns it over and chews on it. I bought a dish the fastens to the side of her crate, now she puts her paws in th...
Views: 36   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2003 9:33pm
by Anonymous
No Subject
At what age are Poms considered to be full grown, adult dogs?
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2003 9:27pm
by By Anonymous
Pom with SPOTS?
Hello, My pom is now 6 months old. He always gets mistaken for a long hair chihuahua! ALSO, on his legs, he has light orange spots as well as on his face! it is so strange. Kind of like freckles or just splashes of color. Does this go away later? or do I own some so...
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2003 3:02pm
by Anonymous
Service dog or therapy dog?
Does anyone else use them as service dogs? We found they are very smart, easy to train and make great hearing dogs. Small or toy breeds are being used more and more for hearing and medical alert dogs. My Secret is also a Therapy dog, doing hospital visits, etc.,...
Views: 67   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2003 4:38pm
by Laurleen
Identifying you pom
How do you keep your pom safe and insure you get it back in the event of an accident? We tattooed our girls and registered them with the National Dog Registry. They wear collars with tags (home#, vet #, licence) when we are out. When we travel (fly) I write our...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2003 4:34pm
by Laurleen
How do you pack your pom?
Poms are so portable, they are great to travel with. Do any of you have nifty ways you take/carry them? Here are some of the thing we do: Infant car seats, placed facing reverse, with sun shades. They love them! Remember a 5 lb dog in a 25 mph crash has 125 lb...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2003 4:28pm
by Laurleen
BARF anyone?
Do any of you BARF? That is feeding Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods? We started out with a commercial brand, but now make our own and have had amazing results. No itchy, yeasty hot spots, no smelly yeasy ears, almost no eye discharge, beautiful white teeth (we...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2003 4:19pm
by Laurleen
Introductions
I thought I would post a couple question/threads to compare notes. I've lurked off and on and things seem a little quiet, but I would really like to visit with other pom owners. Before I do, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Laurleen. My dh and I h...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2003 4:14pm
by Laurleen
c
Carol
color
I received my pom when he was 8 months old. At that time is coat was red. Now he is red, white, blond, black, brown, blond, every color possible. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what did you pom color end up?
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2003 7:46pm
by Carol
j
JON
Poms and hairballs
hi my little pomeranian seems to be coughing alot it seems like his trying coughing up hair balls, i suspect its hairballs because he does have alot of hair. His been doing this ever since he was 10 weeks old. is this normal for pomeranians?"
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2002 6:32pm
by JON
j
JON
Hair Balls
hi... my pomeranian seems to be trying to caugh up hair balls all the time. it seems to be getting worse. he will make noises like he has something stuck in his throat and trys to cough it up. each time he does this it scares me because it seems like he going to chok...
Views: 62   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2002 6:15am
by JON
Pomeranian Knee Problems
My vet has said that my 4 month old pom's knees have grown out of joint and that he is going to need surgury within a year or he will get arthritis(sp). Has anyone else ever had this problem and how much did it cost to fix it?
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2002 8:13am
by Trevor Covelli
How can I verify that I have a purebreed pom
I have a parti colored Pom. When I brought him home, he was 5 months old. He did not resemble a pom puppy because his coat was flat, and scraggly even after a shampoo and blow dry. Several people have asked me what breed he is and when I say pom they and look at m...
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2002 4:37am
by Anonymous
t
Tracy
Hair around my 9 week poms eyes
Hi. I have a new black 9 week old pomeranian. The hair around his eyes seems to be missing or maybe rubbed off. Is this normal and will it grow back?
Views: 88   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2002 4:17pm
by Tracy
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet