Return to Website

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum

Feel free to post your rules questions and veiwpoints, for others to read and answer. Click on "Post" to start a new thread, click on the subject to read posts. Feel free to join in on any subject.

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
The New Site
Hi Don, I can't seem to access the new site on that address, but that could be me not doing it correctly. Cheers, Michael.
Views: 370   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 6:17pm
by Don
Information as oppose to Advice
Hi Ron, Section II - Definitions Advice 2nd Para Information on the Rules ... is not advice. Therefore, I would say, seeking information on the Rules is not seeking advice. Also Dec. 34-2/3 Q. If the referee observes a player about to break a Rule, may he wa...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 1:03pm
by Ron.
d
DC
Ball unfit for play
I played 36 today but my fingers don't hurt enouhg to put this to you all. Someone I was playing with said "Do I have to play my ball, it looks like its got a crack in it?" I came over to look at the ball as it lay on the ground and sure enough it really looked...
Views: 309   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 10:32am
by DC
Breach of Local Rule
Hi Don, If I knew who caused this problem, I'd ! I hope you will try again and wish I was computer savvie enough to help, but I'm not. Today I refereed at a junior competition (0 to 8 hcp) and the following incident happened: On the Local Rules sheet it...
Views: 367   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 12:41am
by Ron.
d
Don
I am Just about to explode
My appologies to everyone! As soon as we get the new forum up and running they have a major disk failure. I am looking into getting it back up and running but time is a problem, as soon as I can I will do what I can. In the meantime We can still use the old one as...
Views: 365   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 1:58am
by Doug
d
Don
All is Lost!
As far as I can make out, this is the saga of the new forum. A couple of days ago, the day after I made the switch over, they carried out an upgrade. In the prossess they had a "disc crash" whatever that is. It seems that the last back up they had was June 30th, eve...
Views: 344   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 1:54am
by Doug
I can't get on to the new forum
Hi everyone, I can't get on to the new forum site, I have actually been on the site a few times but now I can't access it, is anyone else having problems or is it just my computer? Cheers, Michael
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 1:48pm
by Don
r
Ron.
Where are you
Hello Michael and Paul, I hope you will be joining us on the new site. Regards, Ron.
Views: 335   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 10:43am
by Paul
d
Don
New forum
I am getting comlaints about the pop ups, so thought I would move the forum. Before I do, could some of you help me out by testing it. click here for the new forum Thanks Don
Views: 432   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 12:33am
by DC
Two Questions
Hi everyone, Two questions this time. First, in relation to what happened to me recently in the match play incident. Someone suggested that because the opposing side had agreed a Rule decision on the green, and we had already played from the next tee, that regardle...
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 1:01am
by DC
Hidden Ball
Hi everyone, I had a story related to me this weekend. A player in the rough hit at his ball and another hidden below came flying out, his own ball apparently didn't move. He was given a two shot penalty, is that correct? Any ideas? Cheers, Michael
Views: 374   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 1:04am
by Don
d
DC
A test of putting
1. A and B are fellow-competitors and their balls both lie on the green. B, who is closer to the hole, putts and whilst his ball is in motion A putts. The balls collide. What is your ruling and reasoning? 2. A and B are fellow-competitors and their balls both lie...
Views: 417   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 9:03pm
by Ron
r
Ron.
Playing from a Wrong Place
Hi ewveryone, For my understandind / confirmation, R20-7 implies to me, that if a player becomes aware he has played from a wrong place, and may have committed a serious breach,he must complete the hole by playing a second ball dropped or placed in accordance with...
Views: 387   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 12:58pm
by Ron.
How to explain 'Breach'
Hi everyone, Following the mix up the other night in our match I am writing to the Team captain of the other Club. I need to explain the difference between the penalty for player moving a ball (Rule 18-2) and the the penalty for a 'Breach' of that Rule. How do I exp...
Views: 394   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 9:05pm
by DC
r
Ron.
Playing more than one Provisional Ball
Hello All, Different question, but for the same reaons as my previous question. The note to R27-2 states inpart,"If another provisional ball is played, it bears the same relationship to the previous provisional ball as the first provisional ball bears to the...
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 10:38pm
by Ron.
Single player in Open match
Picture the scene,its Sunday the day of the Gents Open,several players turn up for the match,the match is played and a winner is congratulated,however, another player turns up after the match has been played and decides to play and enter his card,he plays the round a...
Views: 340   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 3:55pm
by DC
Another thing that happened last night
Hi everyone, Another thing that happened last night. Bear in mind this was foursomes matchplay. One of our opponents was in water in a bunker. We agreed on nearest point of relief in the bunker not nearer the hole. He walked in to retrieve the ball, and duly dr...
Views: 323   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 3:33pm
by Johanna
Urgent Attention - Johanna/Ron
Hi Everyone, Johanna or Ron I need a ruling from a 'Rules Official' please. Last night I played a team foursomes matchplay for my Club. My partner picked up our ball on a green without marking it. I called it as a one stroke penalty, the ball was replaced in the...
Views: 467   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 1:30pm
by Ron.
d
DC
Provisional Ball
Player in greenside bunker catches ball too well and it flies over the green into an area of thick rough. His ball now lies further from the hole than its previous position in the bunker. Player announces a provisional ball, drops in the bunker and plays to the green...
Views: 522   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 12:37am
by Ron.
d
DC
4BBB and bunkers
Player (A) and partner (B) both lie at opposite ends of the same bunker (say it is 10 yards long). 1) A plays out and smoothes the sand. B plays and lands in the area A has smoothed. Any penalties? 2) A plays but fails to get his ball out of the bunker and it now...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 12:03pm
by Richard Soady
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet