~Welcome to Open Poetry~ 1

Welcome to Poems For Nubian Women Open Poetry.

Come share your poetry with us on any subject and give  some feedback to those that have posted here.

Please help support our site below

~Welcome to Open Poetry~ 1
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prose Poetry by Prasenjit Maiti, Calcutta, India

Prose Poetry by Prasenjit Maiti, Calcutta, India

Cold Collation

You and me in Paradise whie my salad days fornicate in Calcutta, my days and ways being served as funky platters of crab casserole, ecstatic white steam sizzling and blue skies burning in agony . . . We know ice tea to induce quickies so we squeeze green lemons like cruelty, discard white and yellow pips like disdain, Do not Disturb signs hanging frayed and loose across our Anniversary Suite, the AC hums like sex as wine glasses crash against wine glasses and the blue smoke of ciagarettes . . . You and me in Paradise while our gay salad days make hay in Calcutta, your rightful place in the sun hanging loose like my destiny and precarious like dollops of ice cream, you scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calcutta Oh Calcutta!

My City never sleeps and can never live down her boisterous indifference whenever there are those dark rain clouds hovering across the skies of Bengal. I know her vanity and inanity and sick desires and yet cannot do anything to redeem her glory that is rightfully hers. Calcutta my beloved is a cat crossing the thoroughfares of sorrow and desperation like myself, Calcutta my desire is myself driving my auto in confusion into the night. My City nowadays never even dreams her colonial dreams of grandeur and divide and rule. My City never ever sleeps the sleep of the dead or divine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abortion

There is an unreality to my sadness as I happen to recall our child whom I’ve killed tonight in Calcutta, as cars rush back like madness to their individual orgies, as the rains splash down on my sick city like benediction, Calcutta my beloved and my oblivion, as I stare past your agony of yester-years like a cat walking nine lives like fantasy, as you stare past my memories hanging loose like mascara after lush quickies, after Calcutta, after desire, after defeats

Dr Prasenjit Maiti (1971-) pmaiti@vsnl.com Print credits include 2River View, A Hudson View, Blue Collar Review, Brittle Star, Brobdingnagian Times, Carillon, Circle, Concrete Wolf, Diner, Famous Reporter, Fire, Green Queen, GW Review, Harlequin, Hermes, Homestead Review, Konfluence, Micropress Oz, Monkey Kettle, Nightingale, Nomad, Paper Wasp, Parting Gifts, Peeks & Valleys, Phoenix, Poetic Licence, Poetry Church, Poetry Depth Quarterly, Poetry Greece, Poetry Scotland, Promise, Pulsar, Quercus Review, Rattle, Red Lamp, Reflections, Skald, Skyline, South, Spinnings, The Journal, WinterSPIN and Xtant. Dr Maiti has been widely published in electronic journals as well in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. His CD-ROM credit till date is Heist. He of late tends to specialize in monologic prose poetry.

Residence P-8 Beleghata Main Road, Calcutta 700 085, INDIA

Poem Submission

Poem Submission

Dear Editor,

My poem is enclosed for your kind consideration.

Best Wishes,
Prasenjit Maiti.

The festival will begin in a short while from now while I am ready to lick your shoes of longings, the little mermaid l missed last year and all that waste of dreams for all these rowdy years, forgive me if you can, forgive me with oblivion for I cannot possibly take any more of your amour, your SMS, your sunshine playing across the shadows of your shiny sweaty cleavage, the festival will end in a short while from now as I pray for your blessings and bear hugs, cold and shivering and horny, I pray for your rains and laughter

Prasenjit Maiti PhD (1971-) has been widely published in print and electronic journals in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and elsewhere. His CD-ROM credits include GDS, Heist and Shaken-n-Stirred: Poetry from the Far Corners. His work will also be included in the Paradoxist Anthology (USA) and Astropoetry Anthology (Romania). His Prose Poetry from India was translated into the German language by Petra Ganglbauer. Prasenjit lives in Calcutta, India.