Return to Website

BEST DAMN SPORTS SHOW PERIOD!

What did you think of the televised show on March 22, 2007, on Fox Sports Net's "Best Damn Sports Show Period!" ? Comments on the three world title bouts? Your comments will be automatically posted.

BEST DAMN SPORTS SHOW PERIOD!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fox's Telecast

One, I wish Bernie would get a clue about "TV being a medium that is seldom well done"...what "media" does Bernie think is well done?

Two, Fox's broadcasters did slant their commentary to the benefit of Holm. Very typical, "be nice to the host" ( new mex promoter) or you won't be invited back.

Three, I respect Rich Marotta...he really knows what he is talking about. While his card and mine were reversed, that can easily happen when judging a close fight. He had it one point for Holm and I had it one point for Ann.

Four, FOX missed the story, as in how can such a close fight be judged so lop-sided?!?!?!? I can guarantee you that Teddy Atlas would NOT have turned his back on that. And that is a key difference. Oh yeah, ESPN is a Medium Seldom Well Done, but FOX is not?

Five, New Mexico may have its own set of judging criteria, judging training and specific directions to its judges on how to score a fight. I'm sure the judges all had more than a few nice dinners and more than a few pre-fight conversations about how fantastic a "boxer" Holm is...

To me, its stunning to see ONE fighter run away most of the fight, counter here and there, get tagged repeatedly by the fighter making the fight and then walk away with a 97-93 score?!?!?!?

Holy Stuffed Ballot Box Batman!!!!! Call Commissioner Gorden!

TD