Return to Website

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum

Feel free to post your rules questions and veiwpoints, for others to read and answer. Click on "Post" to start a new thread, click on the subject to read posts. Feel free to join in on any subject.

Rules of Golf Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sprinkler Head

I have a question regarding sprinkler heads..ie the plastic disk that sits in the ground with grass growing around it, not on top.

Playing golf the other day, my playing partner landed 2 yards off the green. In his line of play to the pin is a sprinkler head, which is not on the green.

His claim is that it intereferes with his line of play, ie that he wishes to land the ball where the sprinkler head is.

is he entitled to a free drop?

My interpretation is that he is not entitled to a free drop, he must play the ball as it lies.

If, however, it interfered with his stance or swing i would interpret the rules as yes he can get a free drop from the nearest point of relief. correct or not?

What actually happened, he played his ball, it landed on the sprinkler head and ended up a long way from the pin, so he took another ball from his pocket, dropped it a bit further away and replayed the shot enabling him to take the sprinkler head out of play......an extreme breach in the rules I think

Where do you play golf GC Murstatten (Austria)

Re: Sprinkler Head

Nick. We have moved to
"http://golfrules.freeforums.org/index.php"
I have redirected your question to there!
Please follow!
Don