Return to Website

Saikano Forum

Discuss all things Saikano... well, just don't get too far off topic :)
btw, this board won't refresh automatically(hey, it's free), so make sure you refresh it after you post any new messages.

Saikano Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Do you guys remember......

You know... I've been thinking about this a lot more than I probably should be spending my time doing.

The man who built Chise this way, who always wipes his brow with a cloth... Did he not say that Chise would live forever? I thought he said that nothing could stop Chise anymore, and she would always continue to live on.

So I've thought a new interpretation of the ending.

The two lovers finally kept their promises to each other. Shuuji stayed by Chise's side until the end, and in return, Chise protected him.

If the theory that Chise could never die comes into play, despite how she said she couldn't win the battle, I believe she took Shuuji's essence inside of her own body.

If she did that, that would explain why the emptiness was there. Chise was truly alone in the world, despite it all. She kept a lot of pain and suffering to herself, despite Shuuji's love for her. It would also explain why she had the reminder of their love-making buried, too, the same way she kept her inner desire to bear his children secret.

I believe she put Shuuji inside her, and they lived on that way. When she said, "Shuu-chan, you have this much left of me inside you?" or something like that, that brought out the memories of them together. Though they didn't live in real physical form, they did live on. ^_^; As Shuuji told us, their voices were the last to spread out across the planet.

Of course I could be completely wrong, and perhaps Chise DID really die and Shuuji is left on a bare planet, going insane until he starves to death.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i dont get the last part of saikano.. cause shuji was in a white room.. then looks back? im lost....

Re: Do you guys remember......

Thats one nice interpretation. Never occured to me.

but personally i cant decide what happened.. too much input... i just dont know.

I don't know if anyone said this yet or not but

They did explain it. Chise gave everything she had to protect Shuu-Chan, and because of it she dies, then everything in the world is covered by sand, because everything was destroyed, when Shuu-Chan starts searching through the rubble he finds ruins of stuff, and it happens to be what he had just wrote, then he hears Chise's voice, and they live inside his heart, because he has so much of her soul inside of him, so they live inside of him til Shuu-Chan dies which isn't shown, but quite obvious it'll happen.